Chief Minister, Chairman of RySS
Somireddi Chandramohan Reddy
Minister of Agriculture
T. Vijay Kumar Garu
Co-vice Chairman RySS
Climate Resilient Zero-budget Natural Farming Programme (ZBNF) Governme
Rythu Sadhikara Samstha, Guntur/Vijayawada is a Section 8 Company set up by Government of AP, specifically mandated to implement the natural farming programme covering 500000 farmers across all 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh during the period 2017-22 with scaling-up to reach all 55-60 lakh farmers by 2024. The objectives are to promote climate resilient, chemical free, ecological agriculture across all agro climatic zones; and to provide small and marginal farmers with profitable livelihoods from agriculture. Taken up under Rashtriyav Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY), Paramparagath Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) and State plan with an outlay of Rs. 750 crore over a period of 5 years, RySS has also partnered with AzimPremji Philanthropic Initiatives for setting up of its Technical Support Unit.
The 7 key USPs of the programme are :
- Farmer to farmer dissemination - each cluster shall have 3 – 4 master farmers who shall train farmers to adopt ZBNF through intensive persuasion, household visits, Farmer Field School, video disseminations, etc.
- Human-mediated digital extension-video dissemination every day
- Farmer friendly content and Package of Practices - A comprehensive ZBNF workbook, Primers, and Crop Cards.
- Dedicated state/district resource pools with unique collaboration of farmers, civil society organizations, scientists and Agriculture department officials
- Accessibility of ZBNF inputs through village level input shops and custom hiring centers
- Farmers Institutions (Men farmer SHGs, their village farmers’ federations, cluster farmers’ federations and Farmer Producer Organizations) for solidarity, learning, savings, credit, vulnerability reduction, insurance, aggregation of produce, local marketing, quality assurance and traceability, etc.
- ICT backbone down to each farmer to e-track the progress, and an exclusive you tube channel.
Terms of Reference :
- Anchor, Facilitate And Manage Technical Support For Building And Nurturing Farmers’ Institutions – SHGs, Federations And FPOs
- Facilitate Capacity Building Of Community Cadres/Professionals/Institutions
- Facilitate Extension Through Farmers’ Institutions And Communitization Of The Programme
- Facilitate Visioning, Planning And Realizing Plans In Farmers’ Institutions
- Work Closely With Implementation Units, RNGOs And Other Partners
- Perform Any Other Activity As Assigned From Time-To-Time